As part of the EU4Business project on ‘Boosting Technological Developments in Shirak Marz’, the Microsoft Innovation Centre Armenia and Gyumri Information Technologies Centre have announced a new grant opportunity for partner IT companies.
The deadline for applications is 20 May.
The goal of the grant opportunity is to assist IT companies operating in Shirak marz in expanding their activities and recruitment of new specialists, in particular junior developers.
The grant opportunity is available only to those IT companies which:
- have signed a cooperation agreement with the project,
- are registered since January 1, 2013 and operate in Shirak marz;
- are committed to co-finance at least 10% of the total budget of expansion activities.
What expenses are eligible under the grant?
The grant funds can only be spent on:
- Procurement of items necessary for recruitment of new staff (furniture, computer, etc.);
- Expenses related to the product promotion;
- Marketing and business development expenses, which are aimed at the expansion of company activities.
Grant funds cannot be used to pay any kind of salaries.
For full details of application procedure and criteria, visit the grant announcement page.
Funded by the EU under the EU4Business initiative, the ‘Boosting Technological Developments in Shirak Marz’ project supports economic development in the Shirak marz by boosting the skills of young unemployed, and business development of the IT community through training and financial assistance. The project develops intensive IT training courses for young job-seekers and carries out mentoring programmes bringing young people together with potential employers from the IT industry. The project supports IT companies in Shirak marz with a developed assistance package to increase their competitiveness.